On Wednesday I ran yet another Collaborative Debating workshop, this time for the Yr 9s at Donvale Christian College. It is amazing to see how quickly young people can re-frame a debate from being adversarial to respectful once they are taught how to do this.
But don't take it from me - here it is from the students themselves:
- "The idea of Collaborative Debating is much better since it isn't about fighting the opposition but more about coming to an agreement."
- "I learnt that Collaborative Debating is about working together to resolve conflict, yet you can still disagree."
- "I liked how Collaborative Debating was less competitive and more about communication."
- "I think Collaborative Debating helps the opposing sides to understand each other's statements without going straight to rebuttal. It was really informative."
- "We gained a powerful insight on how we can change for the better."
Marg Hepworth is the "Go-To" for Collaborative Debating: Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
#collaborativedebating #thegandhiexperiment #margarethepworth #peaceeducation #insightfulyr9s #debating